Arun Wakhlu Full profile
Arun is adept at facilitating Leadership Development, Organizational Transformation, Inclusive HR Operations and Practices, Corporate Ethics and Ethics in Public Governance, Creative thinking and Thought Leadership, Training of Trainers, Developing Coaches & Facilitators etc.
As a Facilitator:
Arun’s standout quality has been the fact that he has worked with cross-cultural teams internationally. During this long and adventurous journey, Arun has designed and facilitated a repertoire of ground-breaking programs on Creative Thinking, Thought Leadership, Organizational Transformation, Inclusive HR practices etc. and is the originator/pioneer of the models and practice of Wholesome Leadership and Wholesome Leadership Development Process TM.
As a Coach:
- Over the past 30 years with corporates in India and abroad, Arun has logged over 400 hours of Coaching, predominantly at the CEO-level. He is familiar with 360 degrees as a base instrument for coaching.
- He has attended 60 hours of ICF certified Coach training from FastTrack Coaching, USA. Arun is the only coach from India who was invited to speak at the ICF International Conference at Long Beach in USA in 2007. He has published various articles on coaching besides his books on Leadership. He conducts ICF certified training programs.
Arun’s career began with Nelco (1976-78) and he continued his stint with the Tatas post 1980 as part of the Tata Administrative Service (TAS), worked for Tata Motors, Jamshedpur & MAP Consultants, Pune, before eventually starting Pragati in 1986.
Sectors Served: FMCG, Retail, Banking and Finance, IT & ITES, Manufacturing and Pharma to name a few, besides Government
- As a Facilitator: Arun is a globally recognized trainer and facilitator. His wealth of experience includes facilitation of leadership workshops in India, France, USA, Australia, Singapore, Dubai, South Africa, Finland, The Netherlands and several other countries for leading Indian and international organizations like Hindustan Unilever, BP-Castrol, Philips, HDFC, Reliance Retail, Tata Group, Aditya Birla Group, ICICI Prudential and Ranbaxy to name a few.
As an Executive Coach: Some of the corporate clients he has worked with in coaching are from companies such as Capgemini India, Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd., Foseco Limited, Morgan Stanley, Principal Global Services, Bharti AXA Life Insurance, Sudarshan Chemicals, Nihilent Technologies, Forbes Marshall, Bayer, Deutsche Bank etc.
- Winner of the prestigious ‘Learning Luminary’ Award at the Best Change Interventions of Asia Study & Awards, organized by the L&OD Roundtable, July 2013
- He is the Course Director for a programme on “Ethics in Public Governance”, designed for senior members of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and Indian Police Service (IPS). It is conducted under the auspices of the Initiatives of Change Centre for Governance (ICCfG) New Delhi, India.
- Author of the award winning book “Managing from the Heart”, co-author of four other books, publisher of over 30 papers and founder-chairman of Pragati Leadership
- Arun has taught “Corporate Ethics” in the PGPX programme and “Managerial Oral Communication” in the PGP programme at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM, Ahmedabad).
Arun is a true believer in the concept of One Wholesome World: a world which is joyful, socially just and healthy for all (including future generations) co-created by communities of people who are living and leading consciously. It is this passionate desire to reach out to others that led Arun (along with his partner Anu) to start the Pragati Foundation, a Non- Government Organization based in Pune. The Foundation works towards realizing this dream. He also leads project “Awaken-I” committed to the vision of “Great Work for all”. A man of varied interests, Arun is fond of long walks with his dog Soofie. He also enjoys conversations from the heart, meditation, graphic recording, dancing and creative writing.