- The client company wanted a program for their first level managers. The intended audience were new managers in the company. The objective of the program was to help them transition from the role of an individual contributor to that of a people manager.
Typically, the first level managers had an overall experience of 7-9 years and had software engineers reporting to them. They were in the age group of 27–30 years. They in turn reported to project managers. They were looking to deploy this program to 550 first level managers over the next 12 months.
The elements that needed to be addressed were:
- Personal transition from an individual contributor (IC) to a manager
- Managing a task
- Managing the people
- Managing the environment
- 33 batches were held over 5 years with about 35 people per programme
- Over 1155 people were covered through this initiative
- The programme got an average rating of 4.6 on a scale of 1 to 5.
- The facilitator got an average rating of 4.6 on a scale of 1 to 5.
- PLI has been working with this client on this programme for 5 years.